Looking forward to 2018
A very happy, peaceful and prosperous 2018 to everyone!
I’ve been hard at work at Living Money. Now, we’re ready to rock with some great stuff to help our clients get their lives and money working in harmony.
Its been a while since I’ve posted here. I don’t apologise for this because I’ve been working hard over the last year to revolutionise the way we deal with our lives and money.
Now, as we enter 2018 and I start to present my work to the world, here is an update you on what I’ve been doing.
Living Money is my project to combine life coaching with financial planning and fundamentally change our approach to life and money as we enter a new cycle in our relationship with money.
You see, in the ’80s and ’90s we were consumed by our desire for money as financial markets rose in a near straight line for 17 years. The first half of the ’00s after the Millennium crash and 9/11 left us shell shocked and not sure about money. This changed to outright fear in 2008. I sense this is now changing again and we seek a more mature, working relationship with money, one that is driven less by greed or fear and more by how we can use money in a more authentic, compassionate and impactful way.
I’ve spent a lot of time listening to people talk about their attitude to life and money in this new era. What I hear is that it is no longer just about financial products. People tell me they want better to understand their relationship with money. They want their lives and money to work together, in harmony. They don’t want to be consumed by money. Rather, they want to learn about – and from – their money. And they want a financial structure that ensures they always have the right money in the right place at the right time to enable them to live fulfilled, authentic lives free from financial pain.
So for the last year I’ve been researching, designing, creating, developing my skills to bring about something that is unique, special and above all what people tell me they really need.
I’ve found three groups of people who seem particularly attracted by a new approach to life and money. They are:
- part of a professional or entrepreneurial family
- living in enforced single status through bereavement or divorce
- seriously considering leaving the ranks of the salaried and starting your own business.
I’ve found that these people
- really want to lead an authentic life, one in which they can earn, spend and do more in a way that makes a difference in the world
- emotionally they want to be defined by their values and beliefs, the choices they make, where they spend their money
- they look to express their values through what they buy, what they do and who they do it with
- unsurprisingly, they distrust corporations and the State and understand that they have to be at their best in this world, to lead and not follow, to determine their lives rather than have them determined by others.
If you haven’t yet elected to receive updates from me or Living Money then you can do so now by connecting in the top right corner of this post.
Even if you don’t want to follow me you can still use the free resources available on living-money.com. I believe everyone should have access to the foundation level concepts, resources and philosophies you’ll find in our portfolio of free products.
You’ll also be able to sign up to my free online tutorial which is called How to Sleep at Night and Thrive by Day by Mastering Your Life and Your Money.
If you connect with me I’ll keep you posted about the affordable resources that I’m going to make available in the next few weeks. You can read about these on living-money.com site. They include:
- The Living Money online community for people wishing to practice an authentic approach to life and money, learn from experts, share their wisdom and experience and support each other through life’s ups and downs
- The Master your Money, Master your Life online course teaching how to stop worrying about money and live life to the full using the unique life and financial planning process I’ve developed
- Planning Projector, an interactive, easy to use app that will prepare you for anything life has to offer by visualising the financial impact of your life plans.
I’ll also keep you posted about my high end one-to-one coaching and planning services.
Have a look at living-money.com. There’s plenty for you to read, watch, listen to and do on the site.
I’m really excited at the prospect of being able to serve current and new clients in 2018 by providing them with their route to personal and financial freedom, build their defences against the tremendous social and financial pressures generated by the consumer society in which we live and provide them with the answers to why time and money seem so scarce these days.
Happy new year again.
PS Oh, and by the way, we moved offices over the holiday period, from one side of Helmsely to the other. Download our info sheet for contact details. No longer are we above a bank and next to solicitors. Now we are above the best chocolate in North Yorkshire and next to a clinic providing counselling, massage, reflexology and physiotherapy. Says something, I think!